Hey Self-Love Heroes,
How have you all been managing the global changes? I know it has been very hard on many people. My family is out of work since they are in the service industry. I am glad the Canadian Government is taking action to support them. My work contract has been delayed (yes, I am going back to the 9-5 while side hustling – my own personal transition). I am excited about this change and curious to see what will open up 🙂 I also wanted to GIVE BACK to YOU since you have all been so supportive of Loving Leanne.
Keep reading below to learn about your Special Invitation.
This post will cover how I am improving my life during uncertain times (Covid-19):
1. How I brought my anxiety down from an 8 to 3
2. How I am making the externally imposed changes work to my favor
3. My new stay at home morning routine
Side note: do you like that name (Self-Love Hero)? I came up with this because Loving Leanne started as a journey of self-love (after my father passed) & I am loving the hero theme of pursuing your unique life and career journey…so mesh the two together and you have a “Self-Love Hero.” 😊
HOW I SHIFTED MY ANXIETY FROM AN 8 to 3
First, I wanted to open up about how all the changes have impacted me and how I am adapting.
I have been very anxious lately. I would say on a scale of 1-10, I have been mostly at a 7-8. However, the past few days I have been sitting at a 3.
My anxiety significantly dropped when I made these key shifts:
- Wake up early (5-5:30 am) to take care of me first *see my new morning routine below
- Call people who I know will make me feel loved and nurtured and I can do the same for them 😊
- Workout in the morning and if my body is exhausted from the previous day to do a gentle workout…the key for me was to make movement a daily practice.
- Learn the “key points” from the news and then shut it off. No need to go down a rabbit hole.
- Set boundaries and distance myself from people who are fear mongering or not making me feel great during this time.
- Puppy time with Haruka. Staying close to this pup has been so comforting. Thanks Haru!
- Give back to the community. Help others find jobs by reviewing their resume, connecting them to my network, coach others for free to people who cannot afford it at this time.
MANAGING EXTERNAL CHANGE
I wanted to talk about how I am managing externally imposed changes (on the LEFT) that cause stress.
On the RIGHT, you can see that there is a lot within our control to make the situation better so you can still live your happy life and move forward towards your dreams the best you can!
Out Of Your Control
Within Your Control
I can’t go to the gym!
Keep in touch with gym teachers and community virtually on Instagram. See this as an opportunity to try new kinds of workouts online!
I am home all the time and have all this extra time now!
Never in our life might we be blessed with this much free time again. If you are out of work, use this an opportunity to apply for insurance, look for remote work and learn skills you always wanted to learn to transition your career.
If you are financially fortunate, you can even use this extra time to help other people get jobs (LinkedIn recommendations, review resumes, connect people to your network).
Social distancing is difficult and awkward!
Go for walks alone, plug in your headphones and call friends and family. Try virtual dating if you are single or in a relationship but can’t be with your partner at this time.
I can’t go to the grocery store or I am nervous about it!
Shop online, ask a friend to drop off groceries at your door and try new foods that you haven’t before. See this as an opportunity to explore as you have the extra time to cook.
The COVID-19 numbers keep going up and that is creating anxiety, sadness, disbelief
Stay informed but don’t over-indulge. Despite the statistics, you can still keep yourself safe by keeping your home clean, washing your hands and avoiding touching your face. Educate those around you who are not aware of the full situation and are feeling confused or fearful. If you are starting to feel under the weather, focus 100% of your efforts on healing.
SET A NEW STAY-AT-HOME MORNING ROUTINE
Other ways to improve yourself, your life and your career during uncertain times is to set a MORNING ROUTINE.
I have adjusted my morning routine as a result of Covid-19 and I wanted to share that with you. But first, think about your morning routine.
SET YOUR INTENTION
Ask yourself what do you want to get out of your morning routine (What is Your Intention)?
YOUR INTENTION COULD LOOK LIKE:
- Getting a head-start in my day to set a positive tone
- Feel energized and positive
- Get creative and work towards what I care about
- Feel clear minded and ready to seize the day!
- Feel good about myself and confident
- Read a book
- Play an instrument
- Do Yoga, Dance
- Do Art
- The opportunities are endless ~ imagine dong what you LOVE first thing in the morning 🙂
EXAMPLE: MY MORNING ROUTINE
Below is my morning routine to give you some ideas!
INTENTION: Feel Physically and Mentally Refreshed
- Wake up at 5-5:20 am (I want to see if I can wake up 4-4:30 am going forward)
- Taking Haruka (my dog out)
- Tidy, Clean-up & Make Breakfast
- Drink Superfoods Breakfast (Smoothie)
- Meditate with Headspace and Insights Timer and then Journal
- Have a cup of tea while doing a short Japanese lesson on Duo-lingo
- Youtube video workouts (toning and yoga mostly)
- Shower – get ready
- Practice creativity (e.g. writing)
- Connect digitally with friends and/or family (leave a message)
- Start work!
HOW I AM GIVING BACK
I am grateful to all the people who have supported Loving Leanne whether that was reading, watching, commenting on the content or signing up to be a client. Because these are tough times, even though I am going back to the 9-5, I wanted to give back as well with the time I have during the evenings and weekends.
I will have open spots for a free 30 minute Career Transition Game Plan call with you for the rest of March and April.
This is an opportunity for you to APPLY FOR A FREE 30 MINUTE CAREER TRANSITIONS GAME PLAN call and we can talk about topics such as:
- I lost my job, now what?
- I have my job but I wanted to transition, now what?
- I am too anxious and distracted, help!
- I’m not sure what to do next in my career
- What can I do in the short-term to improve my situation?
- Or any other topic related to life and career transitions.
- It gives you an opportunity to first reflect on what YOU really want and where you might be stuck.
- It allows me to assess the best I can (on paper), if I am a good fit for you as I do not want to waste your time!
- And if we are a good fit, we can make the most out of the 30 minutes because we are both better prepared.
Now It Is Your Turn:
How are you making the most out of global changes?
If you have any questions:
Please post them in the comments below or reach out to me here or Instagram! I hope this was interesting or helpful and hope to hear from you soon! 🙂